I used a tow dolly to drag myself and the Golf up to Hallett, OK. A pretty uneventful 5 1/2 hours in the Sienna van. I'd really like a trailer with electric brakes to make the tow safer - it swayed quite a bit on the way home and stopping distances were loooooong. I think that was the most dangerous part of the weekend :)
Turned a 1:49 as my fastest time. i think I could've knocked a solid 5 seconds form that, but bad habits and a keen sense of self preservation got in my way. Did learn a few useful things: 1. Don't brake! 2. Threshold brake if you have to 3. late apexing and tracking out are the fastest way around any track. That's basically it.
My car was corner weighted during the lunch break - 2341# with driver.
LF 759
rf 666
LR 510
RR 410
I think the cross weight was 53%, which is pretty good. Of course none of this technical stuff matters as much as good driving technique. Which I plan to work on.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How about that, there's a spreadsheet for corner weighting:
http://robrobinette.com/corner_weight.htm
Maybe I'll do the Impreza some time.
I drove that home after work. It might have a few years on the Daewoo and a few kms on the clock but it's certainly got some kick. Can't wait to take it through the Royal National Park on the weekend.
Post a Comment